Saturday, February 25, 2012

Point of Exchange

Have you ever had a moment where you said to God, "I have no clue what to do or how to do it."?

I can say most certainly that I have. I'm sitting here, on my dorm floor, thinking and praying about each of the guys in my prayer group and I come to realize that many things that are happening in their lives are things beyond my experience. Sure, I could give speculative advice or advice to seek other, wiser counsel, but I cannot give advice from my own experience. It's a sense almost like futility when you realize that something is beyond you.

But, that being said, it is precisely at this point where I realize that I need to hand this over to God. I have reached the point where I can do no more and that everything is in God's hands. Come to think of it, it's most definitely better that way. I'm a fallible, flawed, finite individual whereas God is infallible, indefectible, and infinite.

It's a humbling experience, and a breaking one at that, when you realize your limited capability, but  the sense of peace that is present when God says "I got this." is breathtaking. My guys are in good hands - God's hands

No comments:

Post a Comment