Saturday, April 18, 2015

Put Another Spin on It

After God, my family, and science, music is one of my greatest passions, particularly music played by real instruments. I absolutely love classical music, rock, and jazz, usually in that order. I've noticed, however, that jazz and many of its offshoots tend to be overcast by rock and its unfortunate byblow, pop.

Imagine my surprise and delight when I find a band that decided to take popular songs and put them in another style. Introducing Postmodern Jukebox.

In my glee, allow me to share a couple good ones:

(A favourite song of mine done absolutely brilliantly. Were slash born in the French Quarter, this is what the song would sound like)

(A song that, frankly, is often overplayed, but is still nice. With this arrangement, it really is allowed to shine)

So, yeah, let's get jazz (and soul, and funk, and classic R&B) back into the limelight.

No comments:

Post a Comment