Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"The Most Important Election in U.S. History..."

Well, all the electoral college votes may not yet be in, but the writing's on the wall. Now, I'm not a fan of Obama or what he has and hasn't done as president so far, but, at the same time, if he is to remain president, then I will honor and respect him above my disagreements.

Why is that?

"Everyone must submit to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist are instituted by God. So then, the one who resists the authority is opposing God's command, and those who oppose it will bring judgment on themselves." - Romans 13:1-2

Hard enough as it is to swallow, we must remain respectful towards and obedient to the authority over us. In fact, the only time when we as Christians are not to do so is when said government's commands run counter to God.

So God has instituted Obama as POTUS for a second term?

Yes, it appears so. Why, I do not know, but I do know this: God is perfect, in wisdom, goodness, faithfulness, in everything, really. Because of this, I can trust that God has a plan to use Obama as president to ultimately glorify Himself. Beyond that, I have no fear of the future, for I know who holds the future and I know that He works all things ultimately for the good of those you love Him.

So, I implore you, Christians, conservatives, not to gripe and complain about the U.S.'s doom, Obama's shortcomings, or how you're planning to emigrate, but rather to pray. Pray that God would make an impact in Obama's life, that God's will would be done during these next 4 years, and that we, as Christians, would have an attitude of respect and support for Obama and the government, if only for the position.

No comments:

Post a Comment