Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Children of the World pt II (Or, how to love others even when you disagree with a third party)

The Children of the World choir was at my church today.

Those of you who've read my blog for over a year know that I'm not the world's biggest fan because of the image of the third world that's portrayed, but, at the same time, I cannot deny that these children are coming from areas in deep poverty and need and World Help is one organisation in particular that is reaching into these communities to share the Gospel and bring clean water and education.

So, it caught me off-guard when I found myself wishing I had either cash or my chequebook on me to be able to give, but, in light of what I was reading yesterday, in Luke 6 and what many of you saw on my blog posts on Love and the church's response to the mentality of today, I see that, whether or not I agree with an organisation's methods of presentation, I can agree with their goals of reaching out to those in need and I can stand in solidarity with them on that.

I may not have my chequebook or cash with me to give, but I've left with a valuable lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment